I always go for what I want in life. The idea that you can start your own bakery and create your own reality is an amazing concept. Your decisions, your actions and how you spend your time can decide the life you live. I have worked in many jobs that gave little satisfaction, and I didn’t last long in any of them! As soon as I realised I was living a life, working to make other people’s dreams come true, I made the decision to work for myself. I can tell you it is the best decision I have every made.
While it has not been an easy journey, and I have worked many more hours per week than any job I’ve ever had, often with less pay, the satisfaction you get from being your own boss is second to none. I know that every effort I put in goes towards making my dreams a reality and not someone else’s. Working for yourself gives you the key to a free, happy and wealthy life.
So here are my top 5 reasons why you should start your business today:
- Procrastination will kill your dreams. Stop procrastinating! If you continue to put off making the decision to start your business, then that one day you keep talking about may never come.
- We have never been in a better position to start a business with no money upfront. Social media is free therefore customer acquisition is free. Spend time on social media promoting your new business. If you think you don’t have time then look at how much time you spend on Facebook or Pinterest anyway! How much TV do you watch? Time messaging friends every evening? You can always sleep for 2 hours less every day just to give your dreams a chance of materialising.
- Job insecurity. Your job, or more importantly your income, is in the hands of your employer and their decision-making process. If they mess up or if the market changes, you could be left in the unemployment line. Take control of your financial future and be your own boss.
- Be Happy. Imagine how amazing it would be to do what you love every day. Happiness can come in many forms. If you spend 40-50 hours a week in a job you hate then you need to look at other options. Why be unhappy for half of your waking life? Here is a great quote by Confucius, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
- It’s awesome! Being your own boss, setting your own path, it really is an amazing journey. If you have a dream then live your dream, don’t dream your life and then one day wake up full of regrets. If you want it bad enough and you are physically capable then go for it!
Connect with us: